Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Ocean Adventure


Ok, so minus the white fuzzy hair and the large black noses...basically, this was myself and Kaylynne yesterday afternoon. As we were laying out in the sun trying to study (but failing miserably due to the loveliness of the weather), Kaylynne came up with the brilliant idea to go to the beach and jump into the water. I hesitated for a minute, weighing the options of staying and studying or dying of hypothermia from swimming in the ocean...and hypothermia ended up winning hands down!

So we took a trip to Brackley Beach, super excited and pumped to do something so stupid (and to have a study break), and as we got closer and closer to the beach, I think both of us started to slightly regret being such brave hot-shots and really started to think about how cold this was going to be. But we'd gone that far already. No turning back now! The beach was beautiful and made me start to get excited about the approaching summer months. Kaylynne was the first to jump in; which she did with some slight yelping, but that's understandable. After she ran back to the shore, it was my turn, so away I went into the icy waters. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but still, my goosebumps had goosebumps which were also promoting goosebumps. I think swimming at Kootenay Lake every summer has built up my goosebump building ability. Anyway, it was my first time every swimming in the ocean, so it was pretty cool to finally be able to do that.

Yeah I know what you're thinking. I've been living on PEI for 2+ years and have yet to swim in the ocean?? It's very sad, but true. The first summer of school I went back home to BC so didn't get a chance to go to the beach. Last summer when I was here, I had very few days off from work, and the ones that I did have off were full of rain and wind, so it wasn't the best of beach-going conditions. It was a very unfortunate and unproductive summer.

After the jump in the ocean, we drove back to the house where I shivered and shook for most of the rest of the day. A lovely Easter dinner was had at Chris's later that evening, which was truly great. His family is very welcoming and enjoyable people and the meal was delicious. It was nice to be able to have a real sit-down meal with actual people who have actual conversations around the dinner table. Much different than my dinner-for-one meals of me sitting in front of the TV watching The Golden Girls.

Tip of the Day: The Golden Girls is a show of epic proportions and if I ever hear anyone talking smack about it, then get ready to feel my wrath!



Holy crap my first final exam starts in 16.5 hours. I suppose it's time to stop staring at my books and get to reading them.

No comments:

Post a Comment