Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day!


Today is a very special day; Mothers Day! The one day a year that we all call up mom to tell her how much we love her (the most phone calls are made all year are on Mothers Day), and to let her know how much she means to us. Obviously we should do this every day since moms are incredible people who go above and beyond what most people expect of a human being, just to make sure that we are taken well care of. Just think of all of the stress that we put our mom through when we grow up! First of all, there's being born. Now if that isn't stressful then everything else should be a piece of cake. Then there's the worry of falling out of trees, falling off our bikes, the first day of school (my mom bawled like a baby when she sent me off on the school-bus for the first time), getting in fights, being sick, dating, driving, broken-hearts, moving out on our own...the list goes on and on and will never end because our moms never stop worrying about us. Mine won't anyway.

How my mom ever put up with me, I'll never know. The stories she could tell about having to raise me and trying not to let myself get injured, that would take days to tell. I think my personal favourite might be when I escaped from the yard, only to let her find me dangling by my fingertips by the shed roof while there were windows drying directly underneath me. I'm sure I took a few years off her life when she saw me hanging there. Sorry Mom. I really should open up a bank account to start saving for the amount of money they must have spent on gas to take me constantly to the hospital, and of course for band aids and polysporin. My poor mom. If I am ever forced to have kids, I really hope that I don't have one like me. If my mom wasn't such a good mom, I'd probably be dead right now...or at least without a limb or two.

So, to everyone reading this blog today, please call your mom and tell her how much you love her and appreciate her. Give her a great big hug too if you can. And I mean a really good hug that lasts for a good amount of time. I'm very sure that she deserves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment