Baked Quinoa and Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4-5 cups coarsely chopped mushrooms (mine were white mushrooms)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 3/4 tsp dried basil
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1 can drained beans (I used chickpeas)
- 1 cup dried quinoa
- 3 cups vegetable stock, boiling
1) Cook the mushrooms, onions, celery, garlic and zucchini in the oil until all of the liquid is absorbed (about 25 minutes).
2) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3) Add the basil, oregano, chili flakes and beans to the vegetable mixture - cook another 2 minutes.
4) Pour the vegetable mixture into a 9x13 baking dish. Add the dried quinoa and the boiling vegetable stock. Stir to evening combine everything.
5) Cover with tin-foil and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, pull from the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes. ENJOY!!!!