Friday, October 28, 2011

Got 'Er Done (Plus Some!)

Today was one of the most productive days that I have had in a really, really long time. I guess I just woke up with a fire-cracker in my butt or something.  Well, actually I realized that I have been putting off all of the things that I needed to get done by the weekend (aka, tomorrow!) so I was determined to not be horribly lazy and actually finish the to-do list. I am proud to say that I destroyed my to-do list and accomplished far more than that paltry, ridiculous little list.

My first, and most favourite accomplishment of the day was this guy:


I woke up and thought to myself, "I have to get that pumpkin carved!" I am quite proud of this dude. He makes me smile. I just immensely enjoy carving pumpkins and when (if) I ever have my own garden I plan to grow lots of pumpkins so that my property can be littered with these festive creatures every October 31st. You just never know what it's going to look like until the last knife slash is complete. And the bonus to carving pumpkins are roasting the seeds. YUM! The house was jammed packed full of great smells today. Here are all of the things I cooked/baked today which created the tangle of scents lingering in the air in this apartment right now:
- Roasted pumpkin seeds
- Cooked some brown rice to accompany left-over curry for Chris's lunch
- Boiled Beets--> which I made into a tasty baked beet salad for dinner
- Fried haddock and mashed potatoes --> later to be make into potato fish cakes also for dinner
- Steamed green beans
- Roasted onions
- Vanilla chocolate chip cupcakes

Today would have been much easier to get through if I had a dishwasher. Three different loads of dishes were washed today. Cooking would be far more fun if there wasn't a mess to clean up afterwards. Other things I did today:

- Went to the gym and had a pretty great workout
- Watched an episode of True Blood
- Walked to Sobey's and got a few groceries
- Altered my Halloween costume for tomorrow
- Went for my hair appointment
- Wrote a blog post!

And it's only 8pm! Like I said, I'm quite proud of myself at the moment. Days like this just don't happen. Generally I get about 2 things done and then it's time for bed. I guess not having to go to work helped a bit :)  Having a day off was a major bonus for sure.

So tomorrow I need to get lots done as well except I don't have the luxury of having the day off. It's going to be a long day for sure. Since Halloween falls on Monday this year, Saturday is the party night so I have to gear up to go out and have tons of fun, only to have to work at 9am the next morning. Gulp. I have spent way too much time and money on my costume to not go out and truly enjoy the evening. Plus I have had to endure the insane amount of glitter on this costume so just putting up with that will be worth going out for! I have been picking glitter out of my clothes and off of my skin for a week, even though the costume has been kept in a bag in the far closet since it got into the apartment. This should prove to be an interesting weekend. Stay tuned for pictures of my full costume and the madness which I like to call my best good friends.

OH yeah! I had someone order some of my Halloween cupcakes for a party they are having on Sunday! I felt so proud of myself when she asked me to make some for her! My next task will be finding the time to decorate them in the next 36 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment