Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Thai Broccoli and Chicken Noodles

I stumbled upon this gem of a recipe yesterday and was delighted to see that everything I needed was already in my fridge. I looked over the original recipe and decided to tweak it slightly to fit my tastes. And the outcome was far more delicious and easy than I would have expected, so I decided to share it with the world! It's tangy, creamy, slightly sweet and all over enjoyable. If chowed it down too quickly to remember to take a picture. Enjoy!

Thai Broccoli and Chicken Noodles
- Cooked vermicelli noodles (rice noodles)
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 head of broccoli, washed and cut into florets
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
Sauce:
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp grated ginger-root
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter (I used chunky)
- 1 tbsp Braggs, or soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1-3 tsp Sriracha sauce (or any hot chili sauce), depending on your love for it hot
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup water
Method:
1) Heat the coconut oil on med/high heat and add the broccoli. Stir-fry for 5 minutes then add the chicken, onion and shallot. Stir fry 5 more minutes.
2) While the vegetables cook, combine everything into a blender (or Magik Bullet like me!) and pour onto the cooking veggie mixture. Heat through.
3) Spoon the sauce over the cooked vermicelli noodles, top with some extra chopped green onions and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment