As I said, I have spent the past while acting like a tourist, doing tourist things and visiting tourist places. I've gone to more beaches in the past week and a half then I have the entire time I have lived on PEI. This island is called "The Gentle Island" and I can most definitely understand why (apart from the raging winds). The people, the land, the beauty that this place holds and the slower pace of the province makes it a gentle place to live and vacation to. I'm jumping on a plane tomorrow and might never come back. I've learned so much about myself living here and and experienced such great things, I thought that I would take the time to share some of these things.
- I learned about a province I knew nothing about!
- I met a guy. Chris is sweet and romantic and a talented musician. What can I say... I've become quite attached.
- I got a Bachelors Degree of Science. That's fairly rad.
- I learned how much I love biking! I biked the Confederation Trail for miles and miles, always pushing myself to go a little bit further.
|The Confederation Trail - right outside York, PEI.|
- I learned to always count to at least 5 before stepping into an intersection after the light turns green because there is a very high chance that someone will be running that yellow or red light.
- I became a blond. Who knew such a crazy impulsive decision would suit me so well?
- I became a bit of a beach bum and now love swimming in the ocean.
|Basin Head, PEI. The only white sands beach on PEI.|
Did I also mention that they are "singing sands"?
|This is me jumping off the bridge at Basin Head. |
That is some super salty water to jump into.
- I learned that I really love crab cakes. I really don't like shellfish so anything with the words crab, lobster, clams or mussels just turned me off completely. Then only 2 weeks ago I tried a crab cake for the first time and actually like it! I've had 3 of them since!
- I had my tea leaves read and also my eyes read. Very cool experiences.
|Me at The Kitchen Witch right after eating the meal but before|
getting my tea leaves read.
- I learned to speak up and express my feelings more. Unfortunately I learned this the hard way, but better late then never right?
- Sat in this chair.
- I worked at a sex shop. Ha! Good times.
- I learned how much I love wigs! Wigs are awesome and I wish that I could wear them all of the time.
|Wigs are awesome.|
- Made some amazingly amazing friends who I hold near and dear to my heart and shall never forget.
I will miss PEI very much - there is no denying that. There are so many things about this place that I love and will appreciate until the day that I die. Til we meet again Gentle Island.