Sunday, June 26, 2011

Factoid Post

Just a quick post here to let the people/visitors of PEI know that on the days that cruise ships are docked down on the waterfront, bars and licensed restaurants are allowed to serve alcohol starting at 9am.

Oh, and I should also mention that the same rules apply on the day that the royal couple visit PEI.



Now, the question of the day. Does anyone see the logic in this new development?

I guess the rationale for the cruise ship situation is so that passengers can come into the city and have a meal (breakfast/brunch/lunch) with a drink such as a Caesar if they so desired. That also means that us regular folk can swing on by and have a drink before our 10am shift at the bank or mall. Whoo hooo! I'm guessing this is to increase workplace friendliness and customer service.

Now I really don't understand why the visit of the royal couple should cause need for breakfast booze. The more I think about it, the more is seems strange to me. So we'll be more rowdy? I can't image anyone would want rowdier Islanders to greet royalty. Yeah it's a celebration that they will be here but why does that mean that alcohol will be served bright and early for their arrival? Any insight?

No comments:

Post a Comment