Sunday, July 3, 2011

Chaotic Charlottetown (and new friends)

Right when I think the chaos has ended and the Canada Day long weekend draws to a close, I am reminded that in less than 24 hours there will be 30,000 people crammed into the tiny location just 1 block away from my apartment. Yikes! There is excitement buzzing through the air and everyone's conversation seems to begin with, "Are you going to see the Royal Couple tomorrow?" Yes, the new Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will be visiting little Charlottetowm tomorrow morning (more specifically the Province House) on day 4 of their 9-day tour of Canada and travel other areas of the island (including the Gables house of course) the rest of the afternoon. The streets are already packed full of workers who are busy assembling stages and stands for the spectators to pile onto in hopes of catching a glimpse of the duo. I think my favourite part of this whole ordeal is just how pretty the city is right now since they've been spending a lot of energy and money to clean-up the sidewalks, hang baskets and plant flowers in every flower-bed possible. I'm quite certain that I will not get the chance to see the couple since I will likely be at work. We have to be ready for 30,000 people. Arggg. I secretly wanted to see them.

Onto bigger and more exciting news!! I have a new doggie friend! No, I did not adopt a dog (I WISH!). A new cook at the restaurant has a 3-year old pooch and when I was talking to her about my idea to open a little dog-walking business (which involves me walking people's dogs for free because I would find it hard to take money for such a joyous job) she said, "You can walk my dog whenever you want to!" So a couple days ago I met little Farley Mowat and learned about his habits and commands. Then yesterday I got to take him out all by myself while Cherie was a work. He's such a little sweetie. I can't wait to take him out again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment