Saturday, June 16, 2012

Travel and Cooking Update

Only 4 more days and I will be on a plane and heading west for 16 days of vacation! It's been nearly a year since I have been home to see my family and I have been so antsy and geared up to go for about 2 weeks now. Nothing in my life at the moment seems to be important enough to take over my thoughts long enough to focus more than a couple of minutes on rather than the thought of traveling to BC. My oldest sister Pam is getting married and I am so excited to be there to celebrate with everyone and enjoy the company of my friends and family. I am also stoked to see the mountains and hopefully get the chance to climb a couple of them while I am there! I am in need of a good hike!

I feel like I'm in this strange timezone where the days seem to creep by slowly but the dates on the calender are flying by. This makes no sense when I try to explain it or even rationalize it, but it's true! One part of me is thinking, "It's only Saturday?? Geez! I want it to be Wednesday!" (the day I take off), but the other part of me is appalled every time I see a calender and realize that June is already half way over. Where is time going? Wherever it's going, I wish it would take its foot off the accelerator and just chill out for a bit. Geez. 

So I guess I should update everyone on how my first cooking day went with the woman I am personally cooking for (I will call her "K" from this point on instead of "the lady"). It was great and I had so much fun! We got along swimmingly and apart from the soup being a bit bland, everything turned out delicious. Plus she has a gorgeous doberman who is a show-dog, and she's just the sweetest thing. I've missed having a dog around the house when I'm cooking. They're so nosy and interested and sticking their snouts in everything. But she's so well behaved and even though her nose meets the counter quite perfectly, she's never once taken something off of a counter before or even taken a quick lick to test something out. Ohhh...I miss having a dog. I am going to go back to K's house on Monday to whip up some more tasty meals so that she has plenty of food made up while I am away in BC.

BC!!! YAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment