I have been tossing around ideas of what I could do to stay busy and make some money during that 6-week time, and the best I can come up with is dog-walking. I love dogs and I miss walking them, and I know that there must be people close by who need their dog walked while they are at work. I am in the process of making some posters and seeing what I can come up with. I wonder if anyone will respond? All I know is that I need to find something to keep me busy so that I am not crawling up the walls.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (follow the recipe on the package. It's easier then having me explain the process and have you measure out exactly 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 12-cup muffin pan (or use liners).
- Combine all of the dry ingredients and cooked quinoa in a bowl.
- Combine all of the wet ingredients and the raisins in a bowl.
- Pour the wet into the dry and mix together until just combined.
- Pour into muffin pan and bake 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Take the muffins out of the pan and cool on a wire rack
Warning - your muffin pan will be really full and basically overflowing with batter. Do not feel the urge to make extras because these do not rise all that much.