Saturday, January 30, 2010

Just Say NO To Crack

Crunch time is fast approaching around here. Assignments and exams are starting to build up and one can easily feel the tension...not only on campus but in this house as well. I'm still rather calm about it all at this point, mostly because I am not in Microbio this semester (thankfully I did it last year because I wanted to skip having to do two labs in one semester like most of the people in my program are now having to get through). I've been trying to organize my time according to make sure that I have time to do the things that I have to do, like homework and having a job, but also finding tiny windows to do the things that I want to do, make time for Chris, hang out with friends and workout. I hate that my life is so incredibly structured right now, but it's what needs to be done to keep from falling through the cracks...or cracking under the pressure. Either way, avoiding the cracks is key!

Thursday night I went to dinner with a group of friends to Churchhill Arms. I've been wanting to go there for so long (literally, years!) because I heard such wonderful things about their curry, but somehow I just never got there. But Thursday night I went with a group of people and we managed to cram 8 people around a tiny table and ate and drank until we could barely function anymore. I know it's unhealthy to eat that amount of food in one sitting, but c'mon. What is better than curry and beer? That's what I thought. Nothing! Ok, I can think of a couple things too, but this is a PG-13 blog so we're going to ignore that last comment and move on.

Yesterday we had a giant snowstorm (giant for PEI anyway) so we got a snow day which meant that classes were cancelled! It wasn't a huge bonus for me since I only have one class on Fridays, but I was able to get some work done and also my hairdresser called and asked me if I wanted to move up my hair appointment a couple hours since there were so many cancellation for him. That made me happy to be able to get in there early. I love love love getting my hair done. Two and a half hours of a man massaging and pulling at my head while we talk and gossip about anything and everything. Plus they offer me coffee and give me trashy magazines to read. So satisfying.

Tip of the day: People will always surprsie you, so always be on your guard, even when you think that you have someone pegged down.

Today (Saturday) was a pretty decent day. Headed to work at one and was very glad to be able to work with both Chris and Lindsay, both of which I never get to work with anymore due to the recent lay-offs at the store. I had to part and test toys for 8 hours straight which can be repetative and dull at times, but on the other hand it's great that I get to see how they all run, which ones are quiet and which ones have the most functions. It's good to be knowledgeable about these things because sometimes we get people coming into the store and all they want is something quiet so that the roommates or children won't hear them in the next room. Oh my job can be facinating sometimes, that's for sure. But the shift went by really quickly. I'm wondering if I want to go out tonight. I was out late last night, and as much as I want to, I'm not getting any younger. Sure I could handle night after drunken night of partying in my younger years, but I just can't keep this up (everyone who knows me well enough is laughing hysterically at that last sentence). We'll see.

Oh, and people are asking about the mouse situation in the house. It's stealing the bait from the traps and walking away with complete ease. I'm intrigued at the brilliance of this rodent. Stay tuned to see how it all ends.

3 comments:

  1. You really should clarify how you test these toys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, fine. Here is how I "test" the toys you bunch of pervs. I take the toy out of the package, put in some batteries, switch it on to see if it works, turn it off, take out the batteries and place back into it's package. There, are you happy??!?!

    ReplyDelete