Sunday, February 14, 2010

Just a Slight Scoff


February 14th is here again. Today is the one day of the year that we are expected to go way out of our way to prove the person that we love (or lust) just how much they mean to us. I've always thought that Valentine's Day was just a big ball of nonsense. Why do we need a special day to show our signficant others how much they mean to us? I don't want to sound cynical at all, but really, today just seems like a mash of flowers, chocolates, cards, jewelry, high hopes and expectations. I have someone to spend today with, so it's not as though I'm some bitter single girl who is angry at the world because I haven't found Mr. Right yet. I love love! Love is a many splendored thing. Love lifts us up where we belong, all you need is love! I just think that the person that we want to spend our forever with should feel special, sexy and loved every day that we are with them. Remember elementary school on Valentine's Day? If your school was anything like mine, every kid in the class bought little valentines for every other kid in the class (so that no one would be left out). If you were an incredible dork like me, you also spent the whole day before baking 30 giant heart shaped sugar cookies, topped with pink vanilla cream icing, for every kid in the class. I think that this is great way to celebrate Valentine's Day. Make sure that everyone in your life is remembered and given a token of your love (even if just a cookie or a pleasant memory), not just your better-half.

Just one more week and our reading break will be here. I am very much looking forward to the break. My stress levels have decreased which is wonderful, but having a week without having to go to class will be nice. I do have the trip to BC to think about, but I've become much more exicted about that. I've decided to do a quck trip to Nelson on the Monday that I am home. There is a major birthday coming up in my circle of friends, and I think that there are a couple shops there that may be of some interest in regards to a gift (Bent Over Leather, here I come!). Plus I'd love a maniac cookie. Yuuuummm. If anyone has any plans on going to Nelson BC, please check out the Kootenay Bakery Cafe. Anything and everything in that place is amazing. I'm starting to drool just thinking about it. OH, and I have to go to Love of Shiva! Can't believe I nearly forgot about that essential stop.

Well, about a week after the death of Mr. Mouse, we learned that there was a new perpetrator amongst us. I picked up a bag of granola out of the cupboard and there was a hole in it...but I thought that maybe I had just broken the bag somehow the day before. Then that night when Kaylynne was downstairs, she heard some rustling in the cupboard, so she called us down and mentioned the sound. I opened the cupboard, and me and Sam jumped straight back as we heard the rustling of tiny mouse feet scurrying away. Trap #2 was set that night. Unfortunately trap #2 was a dud and the mouse got away with the peanut butter twice. Trap #3 was set up the following afternoon. When I got off work on Friday night, I walked into the house and both roommates turned to me and said "we think that the trap just went off!". I have somehow become the dead mouse collector of the house, so I took a peek in the cupboard to see an unpleasant scene. Poor little guy. Didn't see it coming at all. Ouch. We have trap #4 set up already, just in case. Knowing that the second mouse had free range of the house for a week before we caught him made us decide to just keep a trap out for a while to ensure the capture of any other renegades in our household.

Happy Valentine's Day. Remember, the greatest thing you will ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment