Sunday, February 7, 2010

Who's that blonde waving in the distance?

Stress is so commonplace these days that we have forgotten what it's like to not be overwhelmed and that life doesn't have to be like this. Sure, stress can be helpful in certain situations, like if you have to perform under pressure, or if a dinosaur is chasing you through a forest. If you're upset or scared or feel some sense of danger, stress is there to protect us. Unfortunately, stress these days isn't coming in small, manageable doses, but rather gargantuan measures that just keep coming and coming. This is bad for several reasons: 1) it suppresses the immune system, 2) it raises blood pressure (and I really don't need a heart attack or stroke at this time in my life), 3) it causes me to eat large quantities of high caloric foods, 4) alcohol is fast becoming a good friend, 5) people don't want to be around me because I laugh or cry at the most inappropriate times, 6) people can't be around me anyway because I have no time to spend with them!

I was going to put in a picture of someone pulling out their hair or screaming hysterically, to represent my stress levels at this time, but when I googled
"Stress - Images" this picture came up, and it made me laugh, so I thought that I would share it. I hope it makes you laugh too. If anyone knows why this picture came up, please let me know. It has something to do with a "stress test", but I'm just not quite sure what's going on.

What I decided last night was that stress is taking over my life and I am done with it. It all happened yesterday when I arrived at work. Next week is Valentine's Day, one of the busiest times of the year when you work at an "Adult Store". The schedule was up for the week and I am scheduled for >35 hours for next week. Needless to say, I had a mini-breakdown in front of my coworkers because this amount of work is just completely impossible for my work load at school. Impossible. I then decided that it's time for a change in my life because this has been happening every week this semester and I am done with being a crappy employee who can't handle working the hours that I am given and passing off my shifts to my coworkers. So today, I quit my job. Yep. I did. I am in shock about it at the moment because it only happened a couple hours ago and I know that every fiber of my being is going to want to take it back and go back on my hands and knees asking for my position to be returned. I love the job, truly do. It's a really fun and entertaining job to have and I am so happy that I had to opportunity to work at the store. I am going to miss my coworkers more than anything. I am madly in love with each and every once of them and I hope that we still get to hang out every so often. Hopefully the next person they hire isn't as cool as I am, or else I will be quickly forgotten. Just a long lost blonde memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment