Thursday, July 29, 2010

Not Enough Hours in a Day

It's 10:10 pm and I'm sitting out on the back deck listening to the hum of the neighbours heat pump and enjoying the beautiful evening while Splash lays at my feet. We were supposed to have thunder showers and crazy winds tonight, but the air is clear and there is not even the slightest hint of a wind. If it were a few degrees cooler, it would be the perfect evening. Well, apart from the millions of river moths attacking my computer screen at any given second. Gross little creatures they are.

Today was a busy day. It didn't start the greatest but proved to get better as time went on. I got home from work a little after 6am this morning and didn't fall asleep until around 7. When I woke up I felt good. I thought that it must have been at least noon at that point. Yeah, no. Not even close. I'd been asleep for less than an hour and a half. Crap. Ok. Fall back asleep. Fall back asleep. Fall back asleep. I dozed and on off until about 10:30 and decided to just get up and stop wasting my time. That's always frustrating. But before the bad mood could settle in, there was a knock at the door and my day got much brighter instantly! Splash was being dropped off for the weekend. Pam and Graham went to Kamloops for the weekend to attend Graham's sisters's wedding so we get Splash for the long weekend! YAY!

So I did a workout, showered, ate and vacuumed then was rushed off to see the chiropractor. I haven't been in nearly a week so I was looking forward to some good spinal cracking. After that I headed to Clives for a coffee meeting with two ladies who work for Teck who are involved with the After Hours newsletter that Teck puts out every 2 months (the one that our picture was in for that hike). I've volunteered to write an article for the October edition of the newsletter and they wanted us to all get together to discuss my ideas and their ideas and see what we could come up with as a group. It's going to be my perspective of working as a summer student up there. I have some ideas of what I want to do...but we'll see how it turns out. I'll keep you posted on how it all pans out.

Tip of the Day: Iced americanos with a tiny bit of milk are addictive and should only be consumed with caution.

After that I did a quick trip back to the house to pick up Chris and Splash and we ran out to my parent's house for a few minutes. Mom and dad already left for the lake for the weekend (we're joining them tomorrow afternoon) but I needed to pick up a few things before we headed out. And by things I mean raid the garden for produce to take with us. Chris took Splash for a swim while I did all the dirty work. Men.

We got home and made a quick dinner. Jer came and picked Chris up for another night of dry walling while my sister Amy and Cadance came and picked me up and we headed to visit with my grandma for a while. I don't get out to visit my grandma enough and I'm trying to make more time to get out there and see her more often. Around 8pm we headed back home and Amy asked me to watch Cadance while she cut the lawn. Of course I agreed. I also somehow got persuaded to go do a beer run for her. I felt extremely unclassy walking out of the Cold Beer and Wine store holding a 2 year old and a 6-pack of Bud Lite. White trash isn't even good enough to explain how I felt. At least I was dressed nicely.

Tomorrow I have to babysit for a few hours then we're heading out to the lake until Sunday. I'm stoked!


  1. iced americanos and just americanos in general have been my drink of choice for the past year. Bad news...they don't ever get any less addictive.

  2. I had another one today's just getting harder and harder to say no to them. I'm hoping there's a 12 step program to get over this.

  3. Glad to hear you are going to write an article Adrienne. your flair for writing is amazing, I am sure its going to be entertaining!