Saturday, July 31, 2010

Did Ya Know??

Every so often one of the girls who works on a different shift than I do brings in some magazines to read. Most of them are those Hollywood gossip kind of magazines that I roll my eyes at but still secretly thumb through when I am standing in line at the grocery store. After she is done with them she offers them to me to read while I count down the minutes to the end of my shift. One of the magazines in particular...I forget which one it is....always has a "20 Things You May Not Know About Me" interview with a celebrity. Wait! I think it's "OK" magazine that I'm thinking about. Anyway, this inspired me to think about the 20 things which I would share with the world if I ever became famous and was asked to do this. I've thought long and hard about this (mostly around 2am at work is when the real hard thinking happens), and even though if I were to get famous someday there would obviously be more interesting things to tell about me...but here are the ones that I have come up with at this point in my life:

1) I'm really good at the game Minesweeper.

2) When I was young I knocked out 5 teeth after I fell off of a wall.

3) I would always pick an old car over a new car. I believe that they smell better and have more personality.

4) When I was born, my parent's named me Adrian and that was how it was spelled on my birth certificate. They later learned that that is the boys’ way to spell my name so they decided to change the spelling and get a new birth certificate made.

5) I get the hiccups when I'm hungry or if I eat too quickly.

6) I have an unnatural and extreme fear of sharks. The thought of watching Shark Week on the Discovery Channel makes me feel sick to my stomach and somewhat twitchy.

7) My favourite colour is purple.

8) I'm allergic to alcohol. One would never know this when they witness me downing our homemade slush. Yum yum.

9) I eat chocolate every day. Please don't judge me.

10) I think all space programs are a waste of time and resources. Why are we spending billions and billions of dollars to explore other planets when we have so many problems on our own planet? Let's feed some starving people here before we lose multi-billion dollar machines on Mars, shall we?

11) When I was younger, my nickname was Ade, but then around 1986 when the whole AIDS discovery broke out all over the news, my family decided to change my nickname to "Age". I don't think they thought through the whole naming of me very well.

12) If I could be the best at any occupation in the world and become extremely successful with it, I would be a lawyer.

13) I believe that in my past life I died from either a car crash or a heroin overdose. Evidence points in both directions so I don't know which one it is exactly.

14) I have been tattooed 12 times. Once again, please don't judge me. It's an addiction.

15) I once made the neighbour kid touch dog poo after I told him it was fake.

16) I think that Dirk Pitt is amazing and may just run away with him if he ever were to show up on my doorstep.

17) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the first one) and The Wedding Singer are two of my all-time favourite movies. They're both hilarious and hugely entertaining.

18) I really don’t like ladybugs or worms.

19) I know every single word to the song “Asshole” by Denis Leary.

20) My name is tattooed on a friend of mine’s butt. True story.

No comments:

Post a Comment