Thursday, May 19, 2011

Catching Up With Old Friends

Today was a great day. The sun came out and stayed out for the entire day! Plus it was around 22 degrees which gave the majority of us sun enjoyers a bit of a sunburn, but we're not complaining. I woke up to the feeling that it was beautiful outside. You know when you can just sense that it's amazingly sunny outside even though the curtains block all indication of outside? So I hopped out of bed, changed my clothes and jumped on my bike to go for a nice long bike ride into the country. Even at 8:30am I was way overdressed since it was so incredibly humid but I didn't care. I was on my bike and enjoying the sunshine and warmth. Everything was so beautiful as well. The grass was so green and the dirt was so red and the dandelions were so yellow and the sky was so blue! Everything looked amazing. Plus I saw three fox babies (kits) with their parents and they were so cute! I really wish I had my camera with me. I went about 30kms this morning which is fairy good considering I haven't been on the bike since September. I know my hamstrings are going to hate me in the morning but I've missed my bike and I think it missed me.

Tip of the Day: The sign of a good bike-ride is when you get home to find tiny flies trapped against your sweaty skin. Ok. That was gross.

After the ride and a good cold shower, I went to get my hair done. I'm officially blond again! The blond is back in town! It was great to see my light hair return to me once again. I remember the last time (and first time) I ever went this light and it was such a huge shock every time I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, but this time around it's really no big deal and it feels as though I never went through the whole red-head stage. It's like seeing an old friend and immediately engaging in comfortable conversation from the get-go.

After returning to my blond-self I speed walked to Victoria Park to meet up with Sam who was already there lounging in the sunshine (yes, she got a sunburn as well). We ran into some girls we know and chatted with them for a while, then went for a nice walk, got some coffees and just enjoyed the exciting weather.

Tonight I am meeting up with Jess to go to a fashion show at the Globe where a friend of hers is modeling, so we're pretty stoked about that. Not to mention the $3 drinks will come in handy considering the amount I just spent to get my hair done! I really need to give up my vanity I have for my hair. But it's just so fun! Anyway, my skin may be bright pink and hugely annoying but the night is young and I am excited that we got a wonderful reminder that summer is on it's way!

As strange as this may sound, I feel like I got the catch up with a number of old friends today. The first one being the sun. The second was my bike and the love I have of taking it for a ride. The third is my blond hair and the fourth...hmmmm. I look forward to having a beer tonight. It's been a while (like a good solid week at least!)

1 comment: