Monday, November 7, 2011

For Instant Success, Delete From Playlist

This is a rather unusual post for me to write but I read this article on MSN and it just made me laugh so I thought I would share it with all of those who missed it. I dislike about 99% of "Top 40" music and my stomach turns instantly sour every time Hinder comes on the radio. Music has lost something over the years. Talent is actually the first thing that comes to mind. Well, the people who are responsible for manipulating these "artists" voices to make them sound "good" hold a lot of talent.

So this article was The List of the top 10 music acts that you should never admit to liking on the first date or on any date for that matter if you want to get laid ever again.

10) Britney Spears - Can never come back from the damage she inflicted upon her reputation
9) Lil' Wayne - No comment.
8) Katy Perry - At least she's hot
7) Creed - Bahahahaaa! I think we all know why.
6) U2 - Yawn
5) Coldplay - Ultra yawn
4) Ke$ha - I don't even know what her voice actually sounds like. It's people like her that send the kids of the people who invented the Auto-Tune right through grad school
3) Lady Gaga - I think she got on this list because she's just so over-the-top. But the girl at least puts on a great show.
2) The Beebs - Poor little JB. So young...so innocent...or is he? Do we believe the tabloids or not?
1) Nickleback - This made my day! Haha! My own personal despise for this band hangs above me constantly like a halo, so seeing them at the top of the list was great.

Writing this post makes me petty, no doubt about that. But every so often it just feels a little good to be petty and to remind the world to please actually stop and listen to the garbage they are playing on the radio these days. Actually listen to the words and really think about the message you're getting from these people. Also, if you find yourself yawning uncontrollably while listening to any music (unless it's a hypnotic CD to cure your insomnia), you probably shouldn't include the artist on your playlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment