Sunday, November 13, 2011

Justice Prevails!

I cannot believe that it is nearly the middle of November already! Plus, this is only my 3rd post this month which reminds me of what a slacker I have been the past couple of weeks. In my defense, I have been working a lot the past week so when I get home I really want nothing more to do then sit on my butt and watch episode after episode of True Blood. Well...that only worked for so long since I have now watched all 4 seasons and feel extreme guilt for spending so much time doing nothing but watch brainless TV and swooning over Eric Northman.


But can you blame me?

So good news! After waiting for 2 months, the rental board has officially sided with us for the whole bed-bug situation. As of right now, we do not need to pay for the extermination fees that the evil landlords wanted us to pay. I say "as of right now" because in less than 48 hours after getting the letter telling us that we're off the hook, we got another letter from the rental board saying that the landlords wrote out an appeal saying, and I quote, "we disagree with the ruling." Hmmm.
Well, that sucks but really, what more proof do you need that this is not our fault? If they try to take us to court again and try to fight this even more, I might just have to hire some thugs to shake some sense into these people! I mean c'mon! This amount of money is so insignificant to you people who seem to own nearly every apartment building in this city, whereas it's a decent chunk of cash to me and Chris who don't even get full-time hours these days. Move on and deal with the ruling please. I beg of you. Just move on. I was worried that we would have to pay for this even though our chances were good considering that they needed absolute proof that we brought the pests into the place - which is basically impossible. It felt good for justice to prevail in our favour.

Speaking of moving on, we are moving to a new apartment at the end of the month. It's a larger and much prettier apartment to say the least. The landlord is completely renovating it which is wonderful for us! Some of the perks to the new place is that we actually get to control the heat, have a designated a parking spot, closets in the rooms and doors with doorknobs! One would think that most apartments would come with these things, but not us! Oh no...not us. I am really excited to be at this new place. I hate moving but it will be worth getting out of this apartment. Also I don't want to give our current landlords any more money. Let someone else pay for this sauna.

No comments:

Post a Comment