Monday, February 27, 2012

Wake Up and Listen

So there's this great up-and-coming rock/alternative band called Wake Up Earthquake. These are local guys who are trying to get their name out in the music scene and I've seen them play on several occasions at lots of local venues and I will admit that I am a fan. Sure I'm a bit biased considering I've been dating the lead singer/guitarist Chris Rayner for a couple years now, but honestly, these guys have the talent to do really well. One of the things that I enjoy about living with the head member of a band is that I get to hear the songs be created and practiced (over and over and over again) and I get to learn the songs and words before everyone else. There's nothing that screams "Groupie!" more than singing along to original songs at a live show and no one else in the room has ever heard the song before.

Once a three-piece band, now a dynamic duo, the guys are taking time to work the online scene and get their name, music and info ready for when they hit the stage for some upcoming gigs. WUE plays a good selection of original songs mixed with some rockin' covers from bands such as Kings of Leon, Red Hot Chili Peppers Presidents of the United States of America and Our Lady Peace (and soon to be many others).

If you head to websites such as bandcamp you can hear the songs for free or buy the band's album for a mere $1.50 a piece. But as Chris says, "It's not about the money - It's about how many people hear us." So hear them people! Head to these websites and check out the music (plus the pictures for some eye candy). "Like" them on Facebook or follow them on Twitter to keep updated on upcoming shows or new music being released. Support your local musicians!



Warning though - there is a rumour spreading that the name of the band will be changing in the next couple of months. I can confirm that yes, this might happen. Am I 100% sure? Not so much. I will keep you updated though.

No comments:

Post a Comment