Monday, March 19, 2012

It's All Working Out

I've successfully survived my first full week of working with Rachelle and I've been truly enjoying my work so far. I'm loving all of the writing and researching that I get to do, plus I am learning more and more every day on how to run a successful business. Something that Rachelle has been wanting to do for years is to create and send out a monthly online newsletter to all of her clients and comrades promoting her services, products she loves, healthy and delicious recipes, nutrition topics and everything else under the sun that may be of particular interest. Unfortunately for her, she has never had the time to put something like that together since she's always been a one-man-show. Fortunately for me, I got to be the one to produce the newsletter and she's given me full power and full charge of its creation and distribution. So if you would like to receive a copy of this bi-monthly newsletter and learn all types of interesting stuff, then please go to this link and "subscribe to list". I would love to get your feedback on what's being created and the information that I'm putting in each newsletter.

Now I get to be a bit selfish and add to the conversation the fact that I love my new job because it works excellently with Dynamic Fitness's hot yoga schedule. Rachelle has been working really hard to get herself into shape for the upcoming biking season. She injured herself last summer and has just been given the thumbs up to get back to spin class to get that leg back in shape. She's great to work with for the reason alone that she's always encouraging me to hit as many classes as Dynamic as possible since she's always heading there herself. Working all of the time at Outriders put a major damper on getting to any hot yoga classes but I was able to get to several classes last week and am pumped to be able to continue giving my business to the studio. As disgusting as it is, hot yoga is amazing and makes me feel amazing when I'm doing it.

To all of you who enjoy doing strength training as much as I do, I want to recommend BodyBuilding.com. If you're already a hardcore gym-goer and super into weight training then I am sure that you've already searched every corner of this info-packed website. If you're not familiar with it then I recommend looking into it for some great exercises to work any part of your body. The reason I bring this up today is because I have been following one of their work-out routines for the past 4 weeks now and I am loving the results that I am getting from it. If you go into the Training tab, you can create the workout you want based on your gender, age and the type of physique that you're wanting to build for yourself.


I chose Jamie Eason's LIVEFIT 12-week Trainer work-out for myself. I watched the videos, learned how to do all of the exercises properly by watching the example videos and stick fairly close to the outlined routine. The gym I go to doesn't have a couple of the machines they want me to use so I have to improvise every now and then, but overall it's a great workout and I'm not bored yet. What is the most surprising part about it for me is that every week I go to do that day's routine and find that for a huge number of exercises that I have to up my weight from last week. And I'm like, "What? Already I have to increase my weight?" That's nuts! I recommend the site for anyone who wants to challenge their body and their regular gym routine by picking a new workout and seeing how awesome you can look in that bathing suit (just a few months away!)

1 comment: