Saturday, November 27, 2010

New Addiction

Today is day 3 of my newest addiction. Hot yoga. Most of us have heard about this practice but I have never been a big yoga person and the thought of doing it in a super hot room was not appealing to me in the least. Two summers ago when Kaylynne came back to PEI from Ontario she raved about hot yoga and how amazing hot yoga was and as she described it to me I just thought how uncomfortable it sounded. Since I have this 15 day trial at Dynamic Fitness and they offer a hot yoga class nearly every day, I thought I should look into taking a class. So on Thursday I decided to give it a try...and then I went again on Friday evening...and then again on Saturday morning.

You basically do regular yoga for either 45, 60 or 90 minutes in a room which gets heated to 105-107 degrees F with 40% humidity. You sweat unlike you have ever sweated before and your brain keeps telling you how disgusting you are for sweating all over the place, but then you look up and see everyone else sweating just as much and you begin to accept the whole experience for what it is. The actual moves are fairly basic but doing them in such a warm room just kicks up the intensity of it because you have to breathe so deeply in the humidity that lingers in the air.

Needless to say, I'm hooked.

But how will I keep feeding this addiction when my 15 days are over? How is a poor student supposed to pay the fees that Dynamic asks of it's customers? How will I live?!?!?! Ok, this is me being dramatic, but I will be sad on Tuesday when my trial at this place is over and my budget stares me down with it's arms crossed over it's chest denying me access to funds to pay for a membership. My budget can be an asshole sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment