Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Good Kind of Contagious


More than once I have brought up the topic about the little things that make life good. Today I was reminded of one that is not only enjoyable to witness but always gets my mind going when I see it occur. You know when you're walking along in your own little world and you look at the face of someone coming towards you who is also in their own little world, and for some reason that other person has a huge smile on their face? I love that!!! I love how I have no idea what is making that person so happy at that moment and that I was present the moment as it occurred.

This happened to me at school today as this lovely young lady walked by me, she was just grinning ear to ear. This made me smile as well because I know what it's like to be that person with the shit-eating grin in her face while walking along the side of the road. Sometimes if I'm listening to my headphones and a certain song comes on, that can ignite the hugest of smiles. But anyway, when faced in that situation, I start thinking about all of the possibilities which could make that other person smile like that. Did she just get an awesome grade on a test which she expected to have gotten poorly on? Did she finally kiss that boy last night that she's been wanting to kiss forever? Was she thinking of a stupid joke that a friend make earlier that day? I love not knowing this information. I love the contagiousness of the smile from a stranger who doesn't even know that they are the source of the smile which has now materialized on your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment