Saturday, October 16, 2010

MMMMmmmmmmm


Alright, I made this recipe tonight for dinner and it was so delicious that I felt that I needed to share it with the world! It's a white bean chili and the recipe is as follows:

- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (I used double the amount because I have a love affair with garlic)
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms (if you don't want to use mushrooms, add an extra can of beans)

*Saute these items in a large pot for 5 minutes
- 1 Tbsp cumin, coriander AND oregano
- 2 (4oz) cans of green chilis, chopped

* Add these to the pot and cook for a minute
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cans (19oz) white beans, drained but not rinsed
- 1 pound cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 tsp jalapeno hot sauce (or more if desired

* Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1.5 hours.

* Add salt and pepper to taste

The recipe suggested adding chopped cilantro and yogurt to your bowl when you spoon it out for yourself, but I didn't add these options. The chili was delicious without them. Please make this at home. I wouldn't steer you wrong.

Tip of the Day: There is no such thing as too much garlic.

No comments:

Post a Comment