Friday, October 1, 2010

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like....Summer?


Alright. So it's October 1st (Happy October Everyone!) and I am sitting here in my bedroom wearing a tank top and shorts and the thermostat on my desktop says that it's 25 degrees outside (to all of you Americans reading this, that would be about 77 degree F). This just feels all too strange. Kaylynne and I were discussing how at this time last year, we're both quite certain that we had the heat on in the house and were decked out in full winter gear already. I mean, I'm not complaining or anything, it's just throwing me for a bit of a loop! Where's our crisp autumn mornings with orange leaves lightly covered in frost?

So yesterday morning I successfully slept through my alarm for a total of 3 minutes (I was wearing earplugs). Normally I can hear the alarm through the earplugs but for some reason this did not happen and I was woken by Sam banging on my bedroom door, making sure I wasn't dead. Luckily for her, this time I was not dead. But now this may pose a small problem for me because I now am going to be paranoid about sleeping through my alarms. Last night I had this fear so I woke up, literally, every 20 minutes to make sure I didn't oversleep. This was extremely inconvenient. Around 7:30am I just decided to get up and make a day of it...jumped on my bike and went for a ride.

The best part of the bike ride was when I scared the living daylights out of this girl who was running on the trail. I mean, I feel badly that she nearly pooped her pants in fright, but the expression on her face will be with me until the end of my days. She was running and stopped to catch her breath when I passed her. She had in her headphones and didn't hear me approach, so the movement of me passing her made her perform the most incredible, blood curdling, horror movie scream in which I had ever heard before. To say the least, it was impressive. She definitely would have won a Teen Choice Award for the best scream if she had been nominated for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment