Monday, December 6, 2010

Two Firsts

So today is the first day of final exams at UPEI. I completely forgot that they began today until I went to the gym this morning and saw the dreaded gymnasium filled will perfectly aligned desks and chairs, just waiting for the first wave of nervous students to enter and begin writing. I get this hollow feeling in the pit of my stomach whenever I first see the gym full of desks like that. It signals the end of the semester, which should be an exciting time for all students, but it's also a reminder of the unavoidable and immense amount of studying which I still have to accomplish in the next 5 days.

I've been trying very hard to be a good student but I feel as though I'm working so hard and yet getting nothing accomplished! There's just so many chapters to make notes for that it's just this treadmill of typing and reading which never seems to end. I haven't even looked at Psychology yet which is causing some distress but my main focus has to be my nutrition courses so I am trying to keep that in mind as I neglect that whole other course.

On a different note, today was the first time I have ever walked in 100km/hr winds. Now if you're ever looking for a good time, I highly recommend it. Or you want to get rid of anyone with a body weight of under 120lbs, bring them to PEI on a good and windy morning and watch them blow away to sea. I say this all of the time, but how do skinny or small people survive on this island? The wind was blowing me all over the place and I'm not a tiny person. This morning as I was walking to the Cari Complex, I was bracing myself so hard against the wind (I was walking directing into it) that my arms and legs ached. I figured that if I were to walk for a mile in the wind then that would easily equal an hour at the gym because you strain so hard to keep upright and walk in a straight line. Crazy island.

Tip of the Day: Don't ever wear a dress or skirt on PEI. You'll regret it the moment you walk out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment