Tuesday, April 12, 2011

...And Then I Blinked

April 12th, 2011 is the day I blinked and my 4 years of University came to a crashing halt.

Haha! Good job everyone! Time to come out of hiding! Now seriously, where did the past 4 years go?

I don't feel much different...I mean, I guess I've learned a thing or two about Nutrition and my bank account has a large chunk taken out of it. But has it really been 4 years since I've been doing this?

I've been officially done school for 4 hours and 50 minutes (I remember because my professor wrote 11:30 on the board to announce the time during the exam) and within a few seconds of her writing that I decided that I couldn't put myself through the torture of trying to write more filthy lies on that exam to prove how much I did not know, any longer. I am upset that my last exam of my last year was one of the worst that I have ever written and I am feeling very unconfident about the score I received. I'm sure I passed and that I'll get my degree in a couple weeks on graduation day, but I know the mark for that class will not be what I had anticipated. Anyway, there's no point in agonizing about that exam any longer and I should really just appreciate the fact that I did it. I finished the degree. And it feels weird.

Now I wait. Wait for what? That is a good question. I mentioned in my last post about how there are some residual internship placements floating around the country and I learned yesterday that 5 are in Toronto and 1 is in the Yukon. The one place in Toronto looks excellent, as does the one in the Yukon (but they prefer aboriginal students there). The third hospital has a very small Clinical aspect which does not appeal to me since Clinical is awesome! Do I dare be picky at this point though? The thought of filling out more applications and writing more introductory letters is just sickening to think about. PLUS, they only give the students 2 1/2 weeks so get the packages in. Last time we had 3 1/2 months to complete these things. Ugh. Why can't anything ever be easy?



On an interesting note, a while back I entered this contest in which you submit a picture of your ugly living room and if your room is ugly enough, you qualify to enter the draw for a $10,000 living room makeover. Well, I made it into the final contestants. Can you imagine? The thing I am not happy about is that they are doing a reverse draw all the way out in Summerside on Saturday to pick the winner. How that works is that the names are all put into a "hat" and names are drawn. The last person to be drawn wins. The last time I was in a reverse draw I ended up being picked 3rd out of 250 people. Now that is just crappy luck! Do I dare try to switch shifts at work in hopes of winning this thing?

Oh, you betcha I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment