Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I'm Confused

Now I am certainly the last person to ever ask for political advice. I admit that. I am embarrassingly lacking knowledge in Canadian government issues and yes, I know that is a bad thing to admit. But I do have a little something I want to talk about in regards to the upcoming election next week.

I have had so many people tell me that they are not voting for the party that they actually want to win because they, "know the party won't win anyway" so they don't want to waste their vote. They want their vote to count so they vote for the lesser of two evils between the top running parties. It's called Strategic Voting. Huh. Alright.



So my thoughts here are quite simple. I never talk politics, so the fact that this many people have all told me the same thing makes me wonder how many other people feel the same way. What if all of these voters actually voted for the person/people they want to run the country after all...and all of their votes added up to a number that put their party in a more favourable position? Does this not make sense?

What doesn't make sense to me is voting for someone you don't believe in just because that person winning will make your vote count. I think all this is doing is keep people from voting all together because they know their people won't win, so why bother. I don't want to give you any advice, especially bad advice involving politics, but if you do your homework and read up on these people who want to run our country, then getting out there and at least putting in a vote is worth it. Isn't it? I think so anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment