Saturday, April 23, 2011

Invisible Friend of Specialness

I have said time and time again that it's the little things in life that make it special and that touch us the most. For me, it was a little bird perched in a large birch tree on Great George Street. The thing that made this bird especially special to me is that I did not ever see it, I only was a witness to it's random act that it committed a few days ago.

Chris and I decided to go for a walk and do a few errands around town. We were only 2 blocks from the apartment when he stopped dead in his tracks and said, "I think a bird just shit on my head." He leaned towards to me so I could take a look and yep, there it was. Bird poop, right smack dab in the middle of the top of his head.

Oh how I laughed. On any normal day with any normal person this would have been a funny situation because really...how often does a person get pooped on their head? Maybe once in a life time, if that. But this was an extraordinary hilarious situation because Chris has a thing with his hair. Some of his famous lines are, "How does the hair look?", or, "What do you think of the hair like this?" and sometimes I even get the, "Don't touch the hair!"

But he took it so well and I am very proud of him. He was laughing just as hard as me as we walked back home so he could wash his head. I've heard that being pooped on the head by a bird is a sign of good luck! Depends on who you ask I think. I'm lucky that I didn't get pooped on.

When we walked back down Great George Street we definitely had our eyes to the sky and the tree branches. Like I said, the little things in life that make it special. Bird poop. It's little, and it's special.

No comments:

Post a Comment