Friday, September 10, 2010

Second Day Optimism

So since I don't have classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, technically today was my second day of classes. My first class of the day was a psychology class called "Sensation and Perception" and I think that I am going to really enjoy this class a lot. It's all about how we sense and perceive the world in relation to our natural senses and how our individual reality can be altered from person to person based on the strength of their individual touch, taste, smell, hearing and sight. Pretty cool stuff.

But I think what makes me excited about this class is the professor. The first day of class he came in wearing a t-shirt that said "Use Your Brain" and there was a picture of this zombie head with the brain all exposed and spilling out.
That alone made him awesome. What I enjoyed about him in today's class was that he kept using these pop culture examples that no one in the class seemed to get except for the handful of students who were over the age of 25. He kept referencing Star Trek, the Matrix and even the Wizard of Oz. I found myself giggling like a moron while every one else just sat there numb, listening to him ramble along. I enjoyed it anyway, but I am a huge fan of corny conversation and references.

Not much to talk about really. I had a job interview yesterday but I am quite certain that I will not get the job because I had zero enthusiasm going into the interview and didn't make a very good impression of myself. I think I am just so sick of job interviews and the same old boring questions over and over again that it's too easy to just ramble on without any personality because it's all just so monotonous. "What do you have to offer this position?" "Tell me a situation in which this happened..." Blah blah blah. After the questions were done and we actually had a conversation, I think I may have been a bit more enjoyable to talk to, but still, I sucked. Obviously it's not the interviewer's fault for this. They have to ask those questions to prove to Human Resources that an interview actually occured. I bear no fault at them. It's the system's fault. The women I talked to were very lovely actually. I think that this t-shirt pretty much explains exactly how it all went down.



I handed out some resumes to some businesses around town yesterday as well, so hopefully I get a callback or two. Hope hope hope.

Went to the gym today to try to get back into running. It wasn't pretty.

Tip of the Day: When you haven't run on a treadmill in over 9 months, don't expect you'll be able to pick up where you left off. It doesn't work that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment