Friday, March 26, 2010

Conversations from a PEI Pub


Only one more week of classes, and then semester 2 of year 3 will be nearly complete. Just five meager final exams, and I'll be home free! All I want to do right now is completely slack off and just reap in the glory of the fact that it's so close to being over. So close!!! It's just so tempting to pack up my books and head for the hills when the eagerness of being done is bubbling up all over the place. Here's a picture of me taken last night when I was overcome with the excitement of being done the semester.

Today is Friday, which means only one class. We got a much overdue mid-term returned to us today, and even though I did fine, I still expected a better mark. It was one of those tests where you walk out and think "I nailed that test!", but then you get it back and think, "hmmm...mustn't have used a big enough hammer". I remember writing that exam and thinking that I was running out of time because both of the essay questions (in which we had to pick one), kind of flustered me because I wasn't 100% sure of my answer for either of them. Near the end of it I had that small panic in the back of my brain telling me that I wasn't going to complete it in time, and then I had that visual of my professor announcing that time was up and her ripping the paper from under my frantically moving pencil, beads of sweat dripping down the side of my face as I look up at her with startle and reluctance. Having only 50 minutes to write an exam can put a lot of pressure on some students.

After class I got picked up by Jo and we met up with Andrea and went out to lunch to The Merchantman Pub. I've never been and I've always wanted to go, so I was happy when Jo announced where we were going. The food was really tasty and I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a simple, yet sophisticated meal. Plus the company was amazing as always. The thing I love about those ladies is that we can literally talk about ANYTHING, and in ANY setting...which is good for us, and possibly not good for those sitting within hearing distance. Well, I guess it depends on the kind of person who is within that eavesdropping range and what they find appropriate for mid-day conversation.

I dropped into the store yesterday to talk to Chris quickly, and somehow got pushed into working an evening shift for him. Of course I agreed because his reasoning for wanting to duck out early was understandable, and because he's so cute. It was weird to be back there since I hadn't worked in well over a month, but also comfortable as well. I do really miss the job because it is fun, and you never know where the shift will lead you or what kind of obscure question will pop out of a customer's mouth. I also got to see a lot of friendly and familiar faces of the regulars who come in to buy their cigarettes, and hear their comments of how they never see me anymore and miss me. It's good to know I was appreciated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment