Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"It Can't Rain All The Time"

Gold star two whoever knows what movie that line is from! And you can't search Google for the answer!

So the sun has been hiding for a few days now and the rain has been drizzling relentlessly since yesterday morning. Honestly, I like the rain. I find it comforting and it gives me a good excuse to sit in my house, avoid homework and watch movies. Last night we watched "Taxi Driver" which was quite disturbing. The other night Chris and I rented 3 movies for 7 days for $7, and I had never seen it before and it's one of those movies that I always mean to watch but just never seem to get around to renting. Like I said, disturbing. But, I love watching movies with super famous actors when they were young and seeing how they got their start. Well, I mean, Robert De Niro already had 12 movies under his belt when he made Taxi Driver (one being The Godfather II), but still. You know what I mean.

My main reason for bringing up the rain is that it's wonderful when you have no where to go and laying around the house is your number 1 priority. It can however, majorly suck royal heiny when you don't own a car and are somehow always able to miss the bus by three minutes every single time you get to the bus-stop. Walking down University Avenue in the rain in one of the worst issues of living on PEI. In the 15 minutes it takes me to get from school to the house, it is nearly impossible for me to not get completely drenched by splashing cars. But, a couple days ago, my friend Charlotte recently pointed out to me (and everyone on her Facebook), that people on PEI can get a fine for splashing pedestrians with their cars! I thought "no way!" so I researched ticket regulations on PEI and she is totally right. According to the Highway Traffic Act, #296. No person shall while operating a vehicle upon a highway splash pedestrians or other persons with water, slush or mud, and the fine to splash a pedestrian is $50.

Ok, so I think it's pretty cool that there's a fine for splashing pedestrians with water, slush or mud, but c'mon. How are we supposed to catch these people? A cop would have to be driving by at the exact second that the texting-distracted driver in the roaring Honda Civic drove through the massive puddle which drenched the poor passerby on the sidewalk. The chances of this happening.....um....let's see. I've now been splashed about 300 times, and it has yet to happen. I think I'll start carrying around a pad and paper and start jotting down licence plates numbers. :) Yes, I am THAT lame.

Not much else to report around here. Projects and presentations are starting to pile up a bit as the semester winds down. I'm very excited to announce that on this day next month, I will be on a plane somewhere over Canada :) BC for the summer sounds like a dream right now. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment