Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Is My Mane Showing?


Horoscopes. People are either crazy super into them, somewhat follow them, or completely uninterested whatsoever in regards to them. Myself, I am a Leo, and while I like to check my horoscope somewhat frequently, I feel as though I am not a good representation of the typical Leo. There are some aspects of the Leo personality that are completely and utterly not me at all, but on the other hand there are traits which fit me perfectly; so perfectly that it's almost spooky. Actually, I am finding that as I get older, I am becoming more and more of the Leo that it seems I am supposed to be. You know how when you read a horoscope, you are always able to take the horoscope and interpret in a way that makes you think "Oh wow! That's so true to my life!"??? Maybe I'm doing that with the idea of me becoming more and more Leo everyday.

Anyway, my whole reasoning for bringing this up is that one thing that always happens to me is the feeling of deja vue, or I know exactly what a person it about to say before they speak. Apparently, a third of the population has experienced some form of deja vue. The most common form of this experience involves the sensation of having done something or having been in an identical situation before and knowing what will happen next. For me, sometimes it is so eerie that I ask the person to stop speaking because it freaks me out. Something that I seem to be doing more and more lately is dream about someone that I haven't seen in years, and literally the next day, or within the week, I will see that person or someone will bring him/her up. Like what the hell?? I remember a few years ago, a good friend of mine who is very into all of this stuff, told me that Leos tend to be very psychic people and that I should embrace it. I've been doing some reading on this and apparently Leos are supposed to be quite psychic people. The one website I was looking at asked:

-Do you have times when you think about someone you haven't seen in a long time and then you suddenly bump into them?
-Do you have dreams that often come true?
-Do you believe you have latent psychic abilities?
-Have you often felt something was going to happen and then it actually did?
-How many times have known what someone was going to say, before they said it?
-Do people bow at your feet and hand you money in an attempt to show their utmost gratitude for your awesomeness?

Ok, so the last one was made up, but the others are real. I guess they've been doing tons of research trying to figure out what makes someone psychic or have occurrences of deja vue. What I'm thinking though, is do we really want to know why this happens? Why do we have to always have an explanation for why something happens? It's such a cool feeling to have deja vue, so why would we want to wreck it by knowing "oh yes, it's because that brain wave connected to that neuron which caused that neurotransmitter to be released causing this area of the brain to be activated which created the sensation"?? I am a lover of science and how the brain and body works, but I think it would be great to just accept this as it is and relish the enjoyment of it's coolness. This is a very unLeo-like way of thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment