Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Munch Munch, Ouch Ouch

So every Tuesday and Wednesday there's a table set up at the Student Center on campus that sells Indian food, and the vegetable samosas are incredibly delicious (but not nearly as spicy as they used to be which is disappointing). I usually go once a week to get a samosa right after Advanced Foods and savour every bite. So yesterday when I went, they were all out of cooked ones, so we had to wait around for them to get fried. As she hands it to me she said "now wait a while before you eat this because it's really hot", and I thought "Duh, of course it's hot. I saw you just take it out of the deep fryer!" However, only after waiting about a minute, maybe two minutes, of course I go for it and take a bite, which proves to be a terrible mistake and I burn the hell out of the roof of my mouth. After some choice words and glaring at the samosa as though this is it's fault, I wait good 30 seconds before I go for bite number 2 and of course end up shrilling in pain. What the hell is wrong with me?? Do I have no will power to wait until the thing is at a temperature lower than complete scalding? Of course not. This was not my finest hour. They're just so good! It is sad knowing that it was my last samosa of the school year, and I say goodbye to the lovely people who brought UPEI deep-fried goodness every week. I salute you.

Yesterday was my last 8:30am-7pm at school day of the semester! I did skip out the last hour of my 3 hour class because the last group who was presenting had a girl in it that I kind of can't stand, and I was already nodding off in class so the thought of sitting there trying to stay awake while listening to her speak for 45 minutes seemed like complete torture to me. Plus I wanted to get home to start decorating all of those sugar cookies. I baked them on Monday and waiting until Tuesday to decorate so that they would be a little bit fresher for class today. I didn't decorate them as nicely as I wanted to because the "piping bags" that I used (aka, ziploc bags with holes cut in them), we kind of crappy and not working the way I would have liked. But they're done and they're somewhat cute. I guess as long as they taste good, that's all that matters.

I get my hair-cut in 2 hours! YAY! I am going to a new person today which scares me a bit, but I'm sure she'll be great. It's just hard when you're used to one person and get to know and trust that person with your prized hair (insert laugh here), and then have to switch to a new person who doesn't know your head from the person next to you. As long as I don't end up like this guy, then I'll be alright.

Stay tuned...only time will tell how it all pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment