Thursday, March 18, 2010

Dream Big, or Go Home

Well, it's finally official. I got the job! I have been waiting to hear back from that place for nearly a month now, and I am relieved to announce the positive phone call yesterday. I wanted to make the announcement to my friends last night after I had heard, since we were going out for drinks, and not telling was just so incredibly difficult, especially since I spent the whole afternoon/evening with Kaylynne. I may not be excited about the actual work which I will be doing at the job...which I have yet to learn about... I am just happy knowing that there is a job waiting for me when I get to BC. Not working for a month has been quite taxing on my depleting bank account, and I still have to survive another 42 days before I fly home for the summer. Needless to say, it's very nice knowing that someone has hired me! I look forward to calling them tonight and learning more about the details of the job, such as the start date. I am really hoping that I will be able to take a quick trip down to Seattle at the beginning of May for a hugely important baby shower, but if I can't, then, oh well. Not much I can do about it I suppose.

We have learned that we still have mice in the house :( Kaylynne opened the pantry cupboard last night to find an surprise staring up at her from top of the pasta box. Why do they have to be so bloody cute? I set a trap last night for the little guy, but the trap was a dud since the peanut butter was missing, but no mouse corpse was to be seen. I guess buying mouse traps from the dollar store are expected to be less than consistent. But hey...five for a dollar ain't a bad deal! Either way, the whole mouse situation is getting bit stupid. Mouse traps are just a short-term fix to a potentially serious problem. The landlord said that he has only ever had mice in the house once since they have owned it (which is about 40 years), but I am getting the impression that there were also always cats in the house as well. Do we all see the connection here? Our next step is to begin Earl's training as a mouser. He may be slow, but he's got a lot of heart.

After a quick analysis of Earl's body weight, height, speed, lean body mass, percent body fat and natural fighting abilities, I drew up a quick sketch of what I believe he would look like after a couple months of intense training of becoming a successful mouser. I included my sketch below:




Tip of the Day: Dream big. If Earl can become a mouser, just think of what you can do with your life.

I am finding it just absolutely amazing that there are only two weeks left of classes. After such a mentally draining semester, it's hard to believe that the light at the end of the tunnel is actually semester completion and not the ritual suicide we were all planning (kidding...kidding. No one call any 1-800 numbers quite yet). I look forward to being able to maybe do a tiny bit of relaxing after exams are finished. I am looking into possibly doing a summer course in hopes of decreasing my work-load next year...but we'll see how that goes. I have to look into it a lot more. Plus, do I really want to spend my summer sitting in front of a computer screen when I could be laying on a beach somewhere increasing my chances of getting melanoma? Some major pros and cons are to be measured on this one.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! it is awesome you got the job..do you know yet what plant you will be in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS! And about the plant whereabouts, no, not yet. They said they are sending out letters to all of the students with all of that information. I'll just have to wait and find out!

    ReplyDelete